Sellers are savvy and smarter and surveys prove they are more demanding than ever! So, what are you doing, saying, or using right now that obliterates the objection: Why should I hire you?
Smart agents understand that as the consumer becomes more selective about their choices, they are forced to up their offerings to meet these new demands. So what do you do to create a truly unique service offering in your market? What do you say or do that communicates to the consumer that you are different from your competitors and be able to articulate those differences in a way that says, “I WANT TO ONLY HIRE YOU?”
It takes more than the latest apps, tips, resources, programs and tools to set you apart from your competition. What it takes is a truly unique selling proposition, specialization, expertise and cutting edge platforms to dazzle prospects, and a uniqueness to your service model that create true distinction.
Very few agents can articulate what they do differently or better than their competitors. It’s not about more sales, more marketing, but targeted, specific, unique initiatives that get a consumers attention.
The most frequent and frustrating mistakes most agents make run the gamut, but the most common can be remedied with a few new habits:
- Go Digital! The marketplace changes while you inhale, and that requires real time updates and information. Invest in an iPad to have full resources right in your hand. Use the iPad to offer a paperless CMA (Competitive Market Analysis) where the seller can participate in the pricing process. Use the iPad to shoot video, take pictures and automatically email new photos of properties to prospective buyers. Sellers need to be “WOWED” and harnessing the power of an iPad is a powerful differentiator. For great insights on the best ways to use an iPad for real estate, visit: www.TabletVideoForAgents.com and get real online training to get the competitive advantage in your market!
- Can you offer a seller a website specifically for their property with their own special URL that makes it high visibility in their marketplace? Few agents ever utilize a single property website effectively. It takes more than a website to get sold! Best results result when you implement a cohesive, market strategy directing the buying prospects to the site using a powerful integration approach that includes online social channels, video, and more. Online web services like www.Point2Agent.com offer a professional level web solution that includes 5 single property website options and a “featured property” position on high level searches. This kind of positioning will get a seller’s attention!
- Virtual tours are a terrific tool, but a tour that offers engagement rocks! Does your virtual tour include engagement options for the viewer? Options like changing the colors of cabinetry, flooring, trim and walls, all with a click of a button? Engagement is the differentiator here to involving the prospect and their interest until they convert to being a real prospect! Check out www.Obeo.com for the many innovations they offer that go beyond a standard virtual tour. Go beyond a tour and impress your sellers with extra services like professional photography, a tour that offers “virtual staging”, even online remodeling and redecorating tools. Remember that today’s buyers often rely on mobile apps, so be sure that your virtual tour includes mobile marketing solutions, and social media apps. One dimensional virtual tours can’t compete in this advanced arena!
- How would you rate your global digital footprint on the web? In other words, how much global exposure can you offer the seller or attract foreign buyers? According to reports from NAR, 82 billion dollars was invested in the USA from foreign buyers. Without a strong global profile, your listings are invisible to possible buyers. Not all platforms offer search options for foreign Google searches. Check out www.Real-Buzz.com a service that “automagically” converts your properties to over 22 languages. When you articulate the power of global exposure to your sellers, they are assured you offer truly unique exposure to your listings.
- One of the best ways to create a distinction in your marketplace is specialization. Today’s consumers, especially GenX/Y and upcoming Millennials demand specialization and are committed to finding that expertise. Become distinct in an area of specialization and you can guarantee you won’t become extinct! An excellent example of specialization is top agent, Jack Cotton. Check out how he handles luxury home specialization on www.JackCotton.com. Jack says that luxury doesn’t mean gazillion dollar properties; it can be the top 10% of your marketplace. If you are looking to make higher income per sale, this is a strategy you may want to adopt! Other specializations are military, first time buyers, or specific property types. In any case, you must BRAND that differentiation so that the consumer can “choose” to work with you because you are a branded expert to that market vertical. (Jack’s power session is available at www.Point2University.com)
- YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet and very few agents harness the power of this interactive platform by creating their own YouTube Channel. Today’s consumer is looking beyond just finding the right property; they are looking to compare lifestyles where the property resides. Set up own YouTube Channel, and include playlists. Categories can include an introduction of who you are and what you do, where you do it, and can introduce your team. Include short videos highlighting the neighborhood or towns where you specialize. Include a playlist of testimonials from happy buyers, past clients and strategic partners who help you serve your clients and customers. Video is the single key to creating a position of “celebrity authority” in your marketplace. You don’t need fancy equipment, but you do need good audio. For a great affordable and short course on how to use video effectively, visit: www.EasyAgentVideo.com for online instruction and some free video downloads.
If you want to win at more listing presentations and get more buyers more easily, get good at being digital and you will be ahead of the pack!
Bio: Terri Murphy is a communication consultant, speaker, and a published author of 5 books, including her latest with Donald Trump. She is the founder and Pres. of WomensWisdomNetwork.com and serves as CIO of U. S. Learning in Memphis and Email: Terri@TerriMurphy.com – For more info visit: www.TerriMurphy.com , www.MurphyOnRealEstate.com; www.MoreUnited.com and www.CertifiedMilitaryResidentialSpecialist.com
Note: The author is not compensated by the sale of any of these recommendations.